Australasian Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons, Dr Naveen Somia, on behalf of the ASAPS Board, congratulates Dr Tim Papadopoulos, Past President of ASAPS (2014-2016) for being appointed to the Board of the International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons (ISAPS).
“Dr Papadopoulos is only the second Australian ASAPS member to receive such a position in the 50-year history of ISAPS.
“He will be taking on the position as Parliamentarian and Standing Committee Chair for Communication, Branding and PR, as well as, continuing on as an ISAPS Visiting Professor.
“This will no doubt have many benefits to our ASAPS members as Dr Papadopoulos will endeavour to bring out to our shores the best, most innovative and skilled plastic surgeons from around the world to participate in our meetings, to highlight Australasian plastic surgeon’s ongoing commitment to excellence in aesthetics and patient safety and for our region to have a greater voice on the global stage,” Dr Somia said.
ISAPS has currently 4,000+ members and is growing rapidly. There are many benefits to becoming an ISAPS member:
- ISAPS Blue Journal Subscription You will receive an annual subscription to the Society’s official indexed journal, Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (also known as the Blue Journal). Published six times a year, you will be able to access Aesthetic Plastic Surgery using the members-only app that will also enable you to access back issues using your smartphone, desktop or tablet.
- Most extensive global aesthetic education ISAPS offers the most extensive and comprehensive global aesthetic education program – over 30 symposia and courses are held each year. You will be able to attend at significantly reduced member-only rates and have the opportunity to participate as a member of our esteemed faculty.
- Member only savings Attendance at the ISAPS Congress– the largest global aesthetics conference of its kind held every two years, for five days, offering an exceptional scientific meeting combined with cadaver dissections including comprehensive practice management classes for ISAPS Business School and ISAPS Skin. You will be able to attend at a substantially reduced member-only rate. The next ISAPS Congress will be held in Vienna 2020.
- ISAPS Insurance For Patient Peace of Mind ISAPS Insurance Through ISAPS’ partnership with Sure Insurance, underwritten by Lloyds of London, approved member surgeons may offer their patients up to two years of additional insurance coverage for any possible corrective or remedial treatments that may be required. ISAPS is the only organisation to offer this groundbreaking and highly innovative insurance product to its members. Being able to offer ISAPS Insurance to your patients is a powerful marketing tool for your practice, giving patients extra peace of mind that non-ISAPS aren’t able to offer them.
- ISAPS News Print Subscription An annual subscription to the official ISAPS newsletter, ISAPS News, published four times a year. Available to members in print and digital versions, ISAPS News contains informative and non-scientific articles focused on helping you build your practice, along with information about member activities.
- Global Visibility for Your Practice Greater global visibility for you and your practice by being listed on ISAPS.org The ISAPS website receives on average over 45,000 visits per month from prospective patients and global media alike who are looking for qualified surgeons. By becoming an ISAPS member, you and your practice will be listed on the ISAPS website providing greater exposure for you and making your practice easier to find. This achievement allows us to expand and increase our current relationship with the ISAPS
- Global Aesthetics Survey Participation in the ISAPS Global Aesthetics Survey. The media, industry and the public eagerly await the results of ISAPS’ Annual Global Aesthetics Survey that reports the numbers and types of aesthetic procedures performed around the world. By participating in this survey, you will help us to raise the visibility of ISAPS and our members to international media and prospective patients around the world.
- Member-Only Plaques As a member, you can purchase elegant member plaques to display proudly in your office, waiting room, or treatment rooms to show your patients that you belong to the most discerning group of qualified aesthetic plastic surgeons in the world.
- Instant Access to a Global Network Networking opportunities and friendship are two of the most common advantages of joining ISAPS cited by our members. Whether you are new to this specialty or a highly experienced aesthetic plastic surgeon, getting instant access to a global network of some of the world’s most experienced and accomplished plastic surgeons is a significant advantage that no other aesthetic society can offer you.
- Local Representation ISAPS has a network of National Secretaries in nearly every member country who serve as our primary contacts and ambassadors. They are your advocate in any situation that requires Board attention and is often responsible for producing ISAPS education programs in their country.
- Patient Safety First We support your efforts to ensure patient safety through our collaboration with the American Association for Accreditation of Ambulatory Surgery Facilities International. Trained plastic surgeon colleagues will help you achieve surgical facility accreditation so that your patients have their surgery in an accredited and safe surgical environment.
- Defender of the Specialty ISAPS defends our specialty by educating patients and the media, promoting standardisation and providing legal support through our comprehensive marketing, public relations and outreach initiatives.
By supporting and being an ISAPS member gives ASAPS a greater voice, better educational opportunities and fosters a global camaraderie. Anyone interested in joining ISAPS may contact ASAPS office at [email protected]