This year marks the eighth year of the annual Non-Surgical Symposium (NSS), and it will be held in Sydney from 14-16 June at the International Convention Centre. The NSS is open to medical practitioners, nurses, dermal therapists and practice staff who work in the world of non-surgical cosmetic treatments.
Dr Tim Papadopoulos, the Scientific Convenor, said the 2019 NSS provides a forum for those working in the non-surgical arena to educate themselves and to enrich their skills, so they feel empowered to deliver exceptional results to patients.
“We have always strived to provide the most up to date and relevant educational content that helps medical practitioners keep their skills and knowledge up to date. This goal, along with the many contributions from our speakers, exhibitors, delegates and partnerships, is what has enabled the NSS to become one of the most anticipated and award-winning international meetings.
“Past delegates have included Specialist Plastic Surgeons, Cosmetic Physicians, Dermatologists, ENT Surgeons, Ophthalmologists, Gynaecologists, GPs, Doctors, Nurse Practitioners, Injecting Nurses, Dermal Therapists, practice staff and industry representatives,” Dr Papadopoulos said.
The NSS, a not-for-profit meeting, is hosted by the Australasian Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons (ASAPS) in collaboration with the Cosmetic Physicians College of Australasia (CPCA), and the Australasian Society of Cosmetic Dermatologists (ASCD). Delegates will receive a Certificate of Attendance which can be used as supporting documentation when they submit their claim for Continuing Professional Development (CPD) points.
President of ASAPS, Dr Naveen Somia, said the NSS is a unique event providing cutting edge learning that helps delegates deliver outstanding treatments and outstanding results to their patients safely and effectively.
“There is a diverse range of topics and speakers already confirmed covering the breadth of the non-surgical field including male aesthetics, treating skin disorders, the latest anti-ageing weapons from the cosmeceuticals to threads and everything in between plus much, much more. The program includes no less than 16 international keynote speakers, as well as local experts who will generously share their experience and expertise.
“Since the NSS started, we have had over 5,000 delegates pass through the gates. Delegates with diverse experience, training and knowledge enrich the NSS with their contributions,” Dr Somia said.
Dr Michael Molton, President of the CPCA, said many of the presentations at this year’s NSS would reveal a true collaboration from all corners of our profession aimed at safest practices, improved techniques and innovative ideas.
“As medical professionals, it’s important for us to remember that we are not retailers and we have a duty of care to patients to put their welfare first. By attending events such as the NSS, delegates demonstrate not with words but their actions, a commitment to delivering effective treatments with emphasis on patient safety,” Dr Molton said.
Associate Professor Greg Goodman, President of the ASCD, said the NSS always managed to bring together the best speakers from here and abroad who represent different health disciplines, and yet, who find so much common ground.
“This year there is a good mixture of the practical and theoretical, the knowledge of the experienced and the excitement of new techniques and processes.
“As always the program is an amalgam of many teaching formats and styles and is balanced by a rich social program, trade display and time for interaction between delegates. This conference seems to grow exponentially, but it has still not lost that small conference closeness that has been one of the keys to its success,” A/Prof Goodman said.
Program highlights include:
- Live Injecting Workshops designed to boost delegates’ knowledge of facial anatomy and provide lots of practical examples of how to deliver safe treatments to patients.
- Male aesthetics have been given prime position in the program as this is a rapidly expanding area of the non-surgical world with more men seek to look and feel their best for longer.
- Cosmetic injectables, neuromodulators and dermal filler treatments will be covered from every angle with safety and efficacy being central in every presentation.
- Lasers and energy-based devices will be covered with presentations on how to optimise the results for a facelift patient and to provide real results for clients to prevent the signs of premature ageing.
- The business sessions will provide an in-depth view of the patient and how to keep them on their journey with your practice.
- There will also be CPR training courses running simultaneously throughout the NSS.
- Our trade exhibition space is the biggest of its kind with more than 90 exhibitors showcasing their wares.
The NSS has sold out every year since 2015 so don’t make this the year you miss out. Register today at nonsurgical.org.au to secure your place.
Media contact: ASAPS National PR and Marketing Manager, Julia Power on 0414 276 990